Saturday, January 07, 2006

Rich pickings

Well, I finally got the mole to cooperate with my archaeological dig in the back garden by promising to let him have all the worms we dig up.
We make a great team. Mole digs and I sieve through all the earth with Lexica's flour sieve (I didn't bother to ask her, as I knew she'd say no.)
It's bloomin' hard work though. And this is the untold wealth we've discovered so far:
 
103 worms
104 slugs (ugh!)
6 ring-pulls
A fossilized Chorley cake (I tried to nibble it but nearly broke my beak)
And a plastic boomerang thingy from Whizzer and Chips.

2 comments:

Fat Tony said...

I am now officially FED UP with digging and sieving earth and not finding anythin'. Time for tea and hot buttered crumpets.
The Mole, on the other hand, is having a whale of a time.

Molyan said...

Sounds like Time Team.

With more worms.