Monday, July 03, 2006

Did I miss something?

What a weekend. After a miserable several days trying to find a new perch, I cheered myself up on Friday night with 3 pizzas, a Chinese takeaway and six kebabs. For some reason I didn't feel too chipper on Saturday, so I tried to sleep it off in a conifer tree, thinking it would be nice and quiet all afternoon.
Well, the noise from all the nearby houses was unbelievable. Shrieks, groans, whistles, shouting and strange foreign imprecations. Then just when it finally went quiet at last, everyone started firing up barbecues in their back gardens and made me peckish all over again.
If it wasn't for the fact it's early July, I would have thought there was a big footie match on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Careful Tony don't get your feathers singed!

Fat Tony said...

Hi redron. I find the real peril at barbecues isn't so much the risk of singeing, but getting over-enthusiastic with the super powerful red hot chili sauce I like on my hot dogs.

Anonymous said...

Pigeons are drawn to barbeques like moths to a flame. You can't stop them. :-)