Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Save Our Sydney

I see my chum Sydney the Giant Squid is in the news. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4288772.stm). (Me and Doris met him when we were on holiday in the Canaries.) Some nasty scientists trapped him with some big hooks and filmed him for FOUR HOURS struggling to break free. Did they help him once they'd finished their horror movie? No. He only got free once his poor tentacle broke off.
I was thinking of inviting him to stay while he recuperates. Lexica's only got a paddling pool, though - maybe me and Gertie could pool our resources. Gorgeous Gary suggested we sellotape up the garden shed and fill it with water, but I said that was a Stupid Idea. Even this pigeon knows you can't fit a 30ft giant squid into a 6x4 shed.
It would be really cool having him here though. The smirk on Tiddles Clutterbuck's furry face would disappear pretty quick if Sydney jumped out from behind the garden shed. That would stop him chasing pigeons and baby sparrows for supper...
I'm just off to find a Get Well card and write him an invite...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we do get a giant squid,I am NOT cleaning his tank out. Ever. Can't we get something a bit more cuddly than a giant squid? Like a bunny rabbit? or a ferret....

Fat Tony said...

No way are we having a ferret. I'm prepared to consider a giant bunny or guinea pig, though. Love Lexica.

Anonymous said...

Really! Can we have a bunny?A white one. with fluffy ears and a pink nose. I would love it hug it and call it george!

Anonymous said...

Ferrets are far better than rabbits. But for a really top quality mustelid, go for everyone's stripy pal - the Badger!!

Fat Tony said...

Never mind a Badger. I want a Russian desman. (I think that's how you spell it.)