Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The End of an Era


Phew! The effects of the invisibility field wore off and I'm back to my usual handsome self (and size.) I've taken the cloaking device down to the council tip - things were getting way too scary. I put some fresh batteries in and tried it out on my climbing frame perch, and it didn't just become invisible - it vanished altogether! Thank goodness I didn't try it on myself again - I could have ended up down a black hole or summat. I don't know why my invention went so horribly wrong. Did I make a mistake with the wiring? Or could it be Sabotage?
I'm going to have to find a new perch (sob.)
... And another thing. The Mole has been insufferably smug after appearing on Bill Oddie's Springwatch last night. Getting too big for his boots, if you ask me.

4 comments:

Alistu said...

How sad that you lost your perch. Can you sit on a tree branch until something better comes along? At least it was the perch and not you that disappeared though.

Fat Tony said...

Trouble is, every time I perch on a tree branch, for some reason, 30 seconds later me and my situpon are at ground zero. I'll have to look for a giant sequoia or summat.

Anonymous said...

Since Football Fever's in the air, here's a novel suggestion: Why not use Gary Liniker's ears? They're probably as big as a giant sequoia, whatever that is.

Fat Tony said...

A giant sequioa is the biggest tree in the universe. (Well planet Earth anyway.) Gary L's ears aren't quite as big as Andrew Marr's arms. Still a good suggestion, though, Paws.
I suppose there's always the Millennium Dome.