Monday, November 07, 2005

Bombed out

Haven't got time to talk much this morning. On Bonfire Night, I went to keep poor Doris Budgie company (she's terrified of fireworks.) We had a nice cuppa cocoa and some chocolate millet, while I tried to persuade her that fireworks aren't really scary.
Then when I came back home, I found some Baboon had let off a huge rocket nearby - and the tree with my cosy little nest in it had caught fire! There's just a smouldering heap on the ground now, and a smell of barbecued Chorley cakes (sob.)
So I must build a nice new nest before nightfall - I don't want to sleep rough with Tiddles on the prowl.
It's a dog's life, being a pigeon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you try www.nestbox.co.uk. They say they are "The choice for barn owl boxes, and boxes for tawny owls, little owls, robins, wrens, sparrows, starlings, blue tits, song thrushes, nuthatch, treecreepers, pied flycatchers, redstarts, woodpeckers, pigeons, jackdaws, all british owls, hedgehog nesting box, bat boxes, bat nest box, and even one for the dormouse nest box." Pigeons are in there somewhere I think. Probably a pretty crowded box with all those other creatures in there as well, though.

Fat Tony said...

Yeah, I know what you mean, but nestboxes aren't built for the - ahem- more economically sized pigeon. And anyone who's tried to share a nest with a hedgehog will know that it soon ends in tears. And a spiky bottom.

Anonymous said...

I don't like to be the one who points the paw, but could this be the culprit in the rocket incident? Click on my name to see the evidence...

Fat Tony said...

The little fiend! Just wait to I get hold of the little blighter!