Sunday, February 26, 2006

Bedtime story


Just when I thought the menace of James Blunt was over and done with, the awful effects of his music linger on. That stupid mole insisted on digging out the JB CD from the compost heap and listening to it “…because we spent all the treasure on it, didn’t Oi.” (Luckily I told him my CD player was programmed to self-destruct if JB came anywhere near it.)
The result? He keeps having terrible nightmares and waking up with the screamin’ ab-dabs. Then he climbs into my nest – and believe me, the last thing you want at 3am is a muddy mole burrowing under your duvet.
SO I’m reading him a bedtime story every night so he goes to sleep properly.
Problem is finding him a story which isn’t too thrilling. I read the Wind in the Willows and he was got so excited, he was up all night acting out the bits with Mole and Ratty.
What would be a nice, soothing bedtime story for Mole?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could read him my history textbook that would send any mole to sleep, there are not even any decent battles in that bit of tudor history. Also give him some Ovaltine, that always makes me feel sleepy...

Fat Tony said...

Mole doesn't like Ovaltine. He likes hot chocolate with whipped cream and a sprinkling of worms instead of marshmallows. He only likes history books with moles in the story, too.

Anonymous said...

War and Peace. He'll be asleep by page 1.